". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Tonight's Debate

I watched tonight's Republican debate on Fox News, hoping that one of the candidates would win both my heart and my mind.

None did. I do know (and have for some time) that I will not vote for Mike Huckabee. But beyond that, I'm still undecided. I will acknowledge that Mitt Romney had a good night tonight. I would have liked a stronger performance by Fred Thompson.

I will say that the smartest words I heard uttered all night came during the post-debate wrap-up when Michael Steele, former lieutenant governor of Maryland and current chairman of GOPAC , said that Republicans have been looking for another Ronald Reagan and in this current election cycle, there simply isn't one.

The truth hurts. But I just have to keep reminding myself that any of these will be far preferable to Clinton, Edwards, or Obama in the White House. Come November, I will support the GOP nominee, whoever he is.

No comments: