". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Fred

For weeks now I have been offering up my thoughts about the GOP primary battle and the various candidates who are vying for the nomination. At one point I took a serious look at John McCain. But I have come to the conclusion that as much as I might like and respect Senator McCain, what the Republican Party (and the country) needs most right now is conservative leadership. And looking at the current slate, I only see three possibilities for that: Rudy Guiliani, Mitt Romney, and Fred Thompson. (I don't include Ron Paul because of one major difference I have with him.) As I understand it, today is a make or break day for Thompson. So as I prepare to watch the proceedings in South Carolina, I just have one thing to say:

"GO, FRED, GO!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Cheryl,

I'm with you for cheering on Fred Thompson today. I see him as the most conservative Republican and our country desparately need that right now.

Michelle

Elephantschild said...

Yippeee!