". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Big Dreams

Conversation with my 4-year-old as I was cooking supper last night:

"Mommy, maybe we'll get a new house someday."

"Maybe."

"Maybe our new house won't have any cracks."

And to think that when I was 4 years old my fondest hope was that my dad would bring me a sucker home from the store.

3 comments:

Elephantschild said...

I've been thinking about the rain lately and your water issues.

I guess your post means the news isn't good.

:( Sorry.

Cheryl said...

Oh no, EC, he was talking about an old crack in the kitchen ceiling from a previous roof leak. (You can walk around and see various ceiling and wall cracks in our aging, settling house.) The news regarding the lower level is very good! Dh and I were just admiring the back yard yeterday, observing how even with all the rain and melting there is no standing water! Things are draining well and we are hopeful for the spring! (Thanks very much for your concern.)

Cheryl said...

I just had to add that dh and I were laughing (glad we can laugh about it since there's not much else we can do) about how there is more standing water inside our house (but not in the lower level--this is the sunroom leakage problem) than outside!