". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Newt?

In her comment on a previous post, my friend Elephant's Child (a Thompson orphan) threw her support behind Newt Gingrich, to which I cried "foul" since Gingrich is not in the race.

Maybe I spoke too soon. I just saw Michael Reagan on television talking about the prospect of a brokered convention (a possibility I have heard mentioned more than once in the past few months), and the one and only name he dropped as a potential draftee to unify the GOP base was Newt Gingrich.

This could get interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, You have had a lot of posts in the past 24 hours! I'm catching up and enjoying them.

Just a few comments :-)

I would get behind Newt in a heart beat if there was a way to get him nominated. He would be my ideal candidate for the GOP.

The Untold story about Fred is very interesting. I wondered why he has not endorsed any of the candidates. I just do not see him as wanting to be the vice president.

The Anchoress is always thought provoking...I can see why you like to read her blog. I agree whether we like the GOP candidate or not, we need to support them.

Michelle