". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Anchoress

One of the blogs I like to drop in on from time to time is that of The Anchoress. She is a politically conservative Roman Catholic wife and mom who writes about all sorts of things, particularly American culture and politics. I appreciate the independence of thought that I find on her blog: she is not afraid to take on the likes of Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh nor to speak well of Rudy Giuliani to her Roman Catholic readership.

Last night I checked her blog for the first time in a while and was reminded why I like it so much. I'm afraid if I excerpt it you won't read the whole thing. So please, if you are a GOP voter whose candidate has now dropped out of the race, or a GOP voter who (like me) has been frustrated with the selection before us, or a GOP voter who is considering staying home in November if your candidate of choice does not get the nomination, go and read this and be reminded of what's at stake in this election.

No comments: