". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Piano Competition, Part 2

And now, here's Trevor performing Frederic Chopin's Ballade #1 in G-minor, Op. 23. It's almost 10 minutes of stunning playing; if you don't have time for the whole thing, you can just pick a few spots at random because it's all stellar. I wish the sound quality of both videos were better; this was recorded with my cell phone (my old video recorder is broken, but a new digital recorder is on my wish list)! This was Trevor's fifth year to compete in this event and his second year to win first place in his level; he also won first place overall in the advanced division of the competition, for which he was awarded $100 and the distinction of not being allowed to return next year. So we are looking for alternative competitions--let me know if you have any suggestions!


No comments: