". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Friday, April 3, 2009

Have They Lost Their Minds?

Who in the world would spend good money on this? Even if I liked the guy (which I don't), I would find this to be a complete waste of funds, not to mention ridiculous-looking and insulting to its subject. *



And no, this is not some sort of joke or parody. It's real--click here and here to see for yourself. According to the Seattle Times, the president of Joseph Enterprises (the company behind Chia pets, the "Clapper" and other must-own items) says that at first he was dubious about the idea of a "Chia Obama" but eventually caught the spirit. Moreover, he says initial reports suggest a high level of consumer interest.

You know, some days I feel like I'm not even from this planet, it's so alien to me.

*But then, I think the whole Chia concept is unbelievably gauche. So maybe I'm not a good judge.

1 comment:

Hanley Family said...

That's just scary. And thankfully Obama has better hair. :)