". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Friday, April 10, 2009

Lamb of God

Women's Chorus of Bethany Lutheran Church, Naperville, Illinois
Maundy Thursday Service, April 9, 2009

The sound quality leaves a bit to be desired. I didn't want to distract worshipers, so I recorded this from the back of the sanctuary with my cell phone. And you can't see the choir because the congregation is standing. But I think the result is beautiful nonetheless. The soloist is a gifted soprano with extensive performance experience who has sung with the likes of Marvin Hamlisch. (And yes, we are truly blessed to have her as a member of our choir and congregation!)






Lamb of God, pure and holy, who on the cross didst suffer,
Ever patient and lowly, Thyself to scorn didst offer.
All sins Thou borest for us, else had despair reigned o'er us.
Have mercy on us, O Jesus!



No comments: