". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Doublespeak

Our president is on television right now talking about how he plans to launch a new era of spending discipline in which if the government wants to institute a new program or a tax cut it must first tell the American people where the money is coming from. His statement was met with wild claps and cheers from the adoring crowd.

Does anyone find this is as chilling as I do?

2 comments:

Elephantschild said...

Our president is on television right now talking about how he plans to eat a chicken salad sandwich at his desk for his lunch, wash it down with a bottle of Aquafina, then take a walk around the build to stretch his legs. His statement was met with wild claps and cheers from the adoring crowd.Sheesh. It gets creepier every day.

Susan K said...

*shudder* Do people even REMEMBER the stimulus bill? Hello?!? Very Orwellian, indeed.