". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Sad Story and a Happy One

My friend Melody shares some stories of children being bullied in school. For many of us, these are all too familiar tales. I was personally on the receiving end of such persecution throughout junior high school, and I think that experience had at least some influence on my decision to homeschool my own children. I did not want them to be subject to or even see some of the things that I know go on in school. (By the way, what I went through was not just of the "I'm friends with her and not you" variety. It was systematic Persecution with a capital P.)

But thankfully, there are some positive stories out there to balance the negative ones. Here's one from this weekend's Chicago Tribune. Read it and feel a little better about young people today.

No comments: