". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Thursday, October 16, 2008

1948, Anyone?

A lot of people are saying the presidential race is over. Others are saying not so fast. (There are three short links in that sentence--they are all worth a look.)

If Harry Truman were alive today, I think he would tell John McCain to hang in there. With 17 days to go, a lot can happen. And the most recent national polls are hardly screaming Obama landslide, with spreads as low as two and three points.

The mainstream media and rich, secular elites are already chilling the bubbly and passing around the glasses. But they might be surprised to find out, come Election Day, that they RSVP'd for the wrong event, and that the American people have decided the real party is somewhere else.

No comments: