". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Don't Forget to Close Your Eyes

I have previously written about the challenge of grabbing a short nap while my youngest child is anywhere in the house. For there to be any chance of success, older children must be alerted so that they can keep their little brother at least 10 feet away from my bedroom door.

Today as I was about 15 minutes into that priceless half hour of quiet time, my own little walking bottle of NoDoz managed to get by his older siblings and come bounding into my room with his latest request. When I instructed him to please ask his brother or sister because I was trying to rest he agreed to do so and as he was leaving the room turned around with a smile and spoke the following words:

"I love you, Mommy."

"I love you, too, Evan."

"Have a good rest, Mommy."

"Okay, Evan. I'll try."

"And Mommy?"

"Yes, Evan?"

"Don't forget to close your eyes."

Thanks for the reminder, honey.

1 comment: