". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Not Again

My friend The Rebellious Pastor's Wife has a great post reminding her readers about what it was like to have Clintons in the White House. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with them politically, it is difficult to argue with the fact that integrity, character and traditional morality took a beating during those eight years.

Now we are faced with the probability of Hillary's nomination, which means the strong possibility of a Clinton sequel. And it is for this reason that I hope and pray that anyone who does not want to see that happen will rally behind the Republican candidate come next November, because whoever he is, he will be the only hope for the "Stop Hillary Express" (as Sean Hannity is fond of saying). As I survey the field of Republican candidates I am still undecided about whom to support, seeing much to like but unable to settle on one person that not only inspires me but also reflects the majority of my beliefs while having some hope of winning the election. But I do think that every last one of them is preferable to Hillary, because I think that another Clinton presidency would be disastrous for this nation in ways we can't even anticipate right now.

To my Republican friends: this is not the year to stay home on principle. Vote your conscience in the primary, but please be ready to support the nominee in the general election. Otherwise the damage that is done may be with us for generations.

1 comment:

Gina said...

My first vote was cast for Reagan in '84 and I've voted in every presidential election since, and I'm sure this one too, but the field of candidates sure makes staying home sound good. If nothing else I will be voting for the lesser of the two evils.