". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

She's Home!

On August 15 my mom left her apartment to run a few errands. Today she returned home, almost three months (12 weeks) following the accident that changed her life that day.

It has been a long and difficult journey, and it is not completely over, but tonight my mother is sleeping in her own bed. Thank you to all who have prayed for her and who through your words and actions have supported our entire family during a very tough time.

"My loved ones, rest securely,
For God this night will surely
From peril guard your heads.
Sweet slumbers may He send you
And bid His hosts attend you
And through the night watch o'er your beds."

("Now Rest Beneath Night's Shadow," Lutheran Service Book #880, Stanza 5)

3 comments:

Elephantschild said...

I -love- that hymn, and I'm so glad it made it into LSB. Prayers continue for your mom & her transition back home!

AmusedMomma said...

Praying the transition time is full of His peace and comfort. Your devotion to your mom is inspirational!

Marie N. said...

That is a relief! Continued blessings...