". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wachet Auf



Bethany Lutheran Church invites you to join them this Advent

as they prepare to welcome the Babe of Bethlehem

with a series of Advent worship services

beginning on December 5 at 7:15 p.m. with

J.S. Bach's Cantata No. 140, "Wachet Auf"

Featuring

Elise Calhoon, soprano

Dave Best, tenor

Nathan Bramstedt, bass

Elizabeth Jaensch, oboe

Jamie Liu, violin

The Bethany Chamber Orchestra

and

Proclaim, the Senior Choir of Bethany Lutheran Church

Conducted by Cantor Phillip Magness

1550 Modaff Rd.
Naperville, IL

Come hear Bach as Bach was meant to be heard:
in holy worship to the glory of God!

4 comments:

Marie N. said...

Sounds like a delightful experience -- enjoy!

Hannah said...

Woohoo! More advertising!

Elephantschild said...

When I told my Dh about this concert, he said in a wistful tone, "It would be so nice to hear -real- music...."

Oh, how I wish we could've been part of this! A weeknight + my husband's tuning schedule = No Way. Boo hoo.

I'll be thinking of you and taking deep breaths while I'm singing the Andrew Lloyd Weberish thing our choir is doing this year... sigh.

AmusedMomma said...

Will you be recording it?

Wish we could go!