". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, November 17, 2012

ABP, Day 9*

It was a 100% no politics day. I did not read a single article or watch or listen to even five minutes of news. Yay for me!

Instead, it was a running around day. This morning I took Caitlin to a youth group activity and to her regular Saturday Tae Kwon Do class. Then I attended a parent meeting for community basketball, which Evan will be playing over the next few months. (Prayers appreciated--I do have some misgivings about how this is going to go.) Then home for lunch, then a shopping excursion with Caitlin. We decided a few months ago to replace her rather girlish bedroom set with something a little more functional, and today we finally made it to Ikea to seal the deal.

Here's the headboard from her old set:


There were several other matching pieces, and we were able to sell the entire set. It is going to be replaced by this loft bed with attached desk, which we purchased and brought home today! Caitlin did not have a desk before and as a writer she desperately needs one, but her room is not very big, so we decided this would maximize space. It is also more cost effective than buying a new bed and desk, and Caitlin likes the idea of sleeping up high. In addition to this piece, we will be getting her a new chest of drawers. I will try to post pictures when her room is done.


After shopping it was time for supper; in a little while we plan to watch one of our shows on DVR (Once Upon a Time) and then go to bed early. Church tomorrow and then . . . bed assembling! Wish us luck!

*I plan to keep this series going until Thanksgiving. After that, maybe I'll just do weekly or monthly updates on my politics avoidance efforts. I know you were really wondering about that. 

1 comment:

mz said...

Ikea is awesome. So many solutions for small spaces, and being that we are squished in about 1000 square feet for the foreseeable future, we truly appreciate it. We make it out to the Bolingbrook store from time to time.