". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, November 10, 2012

ABP (Anything But Politics) Challenge, Day 2

Today, instead of watching Fox News or reading Real Clear Politics or Pajamas Media, I enjoyed the company of my husband, who stayed home ALL DAY! (To have him home for an entire Saturday is highly unusual.) I also cuddled our new puppy, cooked a pork roast, enjoyed the sound of the rain, did three loads of laundry, took my daughter to Tae Kwon Do, watched the Nebraska Cornhuskers beat Penn State (woo-hoo!), practiced piano, and on this, Martin Luther's birthday, listened to the final movement of Mendelssohn's Fifth Symphony (also known as the Reformation Symphony). Before I retire for the night I intend to read a few chapters of The Help, which I started over a month ago but set aside when election fever took over.

It was a good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for turning me on to Mendelssohn's Symphony No. 5. I iTunes-ed the last finale and will probably use it in Episode 200. :) Mendelssohn's Elijah is my favorite of his.