". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Monday, November 19, 2012

ABP, Day 11, Part 2

I don't know, people. I really think I need to start paying attention. There is some very bad stuff going on in the world. But it is just so scary and sad. And I truly believe that if the country had gone a different direction last week we would be having some different conversations this week. And that makes it all that much worse. We didn't have to be on the path we are now on. As I write this paragraph I feel my stomach churning, my blood pressure rising, my breathing accelerating . . . .

So back to head-in-the-sand-dom. This morning I took Caitlin to her math class. Usually I take Evan along and we "do school" together while we wait for her. Today I let him stay home with Grandma and I did a little pre-Thanksgiving shopping at Trader Joe's. After lunch I wrote a blog post (see below) and practiced piano a little bit: an oldie from my college days, Bach's French Suite #5 in G. I have decided to relearn it. It came back into my fingers pretty quickly . . . . the one thing I think I am better at than my husband musically is remembering music I learned a long time ago. I'm glad there is that, at least! 

Later in the afternoon I went to the home of some piano students--I teach two children as well as their mother, all in one family, and for several weeks I will be going to their house to teach because the mother just had foot surgery and can't drive. They are great people, a pleasure to work with, and I am more than happy to do this to keep them taking lessons while the mom recuperates. After that it was back home to teach several more students, after which I wolfed down some Trader Joe's sushi and then left for a staff meeting of the children's choir organization I play for. That is another great group of people, and we had way too much fun working out logistics for December concerts. Sometimes I am amazed at the things I get to do for my "job." I am sorry that I don't always appreciate this blessing as I should.

After I got home from my meeting, Phillip, Caitlin and I watched last week's episode of Person of Interest (one of the two shows I keep up with these days). While watching, one of us had a cup of Grenada hot chocolate, one of us had a glass of Trader Joe's Merlot, and one of us had nothing. I wonder if you can guess who had what?


No comments: