". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

ABP, Day 12

So, I am winding down my self-imposed Anything But Politics challenge but finding it wasn't that big a challenge after all. In fact it was way easier than I thought to just turn it all off. I'm beginning to think we could downgrade our cable and save some money. Ignorance is bliss.

Today was more shopping, with trips to Target and Jewel. The turkey is now thawing in the kitchen sink. Tonight I had to attend a photo shoot, as the children's choir organization I play for is asking everyone to get a new head shot for the website. Yuck--I hate having pictures made. I was seriously dreading it, but it went much better than I expected. The photographer was a pro and in a short time got several good candidates. Now to pick which one I want for the website. Glasses or no glasses, that is the question.

Trevor will be home tomorrow! He is taking a taxi from his dorm to the Amtrak station and boarding a train in the middle of the night. He will call us when he is at the station so we know everything is going according to plan. We are looking forward to Trevor's meeting Willard* (and vice versa) for the first time.

Evan had his first basketball practice tonight. The report from Phillip is that it went fairly smoothly. Evan has never played basketball so has much to learn. But it sounds as though he maintained a good attitude throughout the practice. No emotional meltdowns from the HSC*? That is a successful evening.

* new puppy
**highly sensitive child

1 comment:

Dakotapam said...

We downgraded to our antenna and a Roku box nearly a year ago. We live with no regrets! Have a blessed Thanksgiving!