". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

This is a Riot

My friend Susan posted a link to a site that generates anagrams (words created by rearranging the letters of other words). Wanna have some fun? Try typing in your name and seeing what comes back. My name generated 1752 anagrams. Here are a few of the most memorable (with commentary):

Graceless Hymns (Well, okay, I suppose if you're talking about playing hymns on the organ, I am pretty graceless. An organist I'm not!)

Scaly Germ Hymns (But I'm not that bad!)

Glances Rhymes (I guess that's my inner poet wanting to come out.)

Chasms Greenly (And I suppose that would be my inner gardener?)

Slangy Schemer (No comment.)

Clean Germs Shy (Hmmm, that's fitting. I do like things clean. And I am pretty shy.)

Cleans Her Gyms (Not so fitting. I'm not at all athletic, and I don't have a gym.)

Calms Grey Hens (That has a nice ring to it! I would like to live where I could have some chickens. If I did, I would be very nice to them.)

Learn Chess Gym (Is someone trying to tell me something?)

And then there is Clang Her Messy, A Lynchers Gems, Charges Men Sly, and Slash Clergymen. Please be assured, these don't suit me at all!!




3 comments:

Elephantschild said...

Wow, what a way to come up with a good blog name.

Slash Clergymen? Def Leppard meets the Kantorei?

Hannah said...

Entering my full name gave a lot more hits than only my first and last. One of the few that makes sense:

"Hajj Anon Hon Shy No"

Correct! I am not going on a hajj (trip to Mecca); in certain circumstances, I can be anonymous (on blogs that don't like me), a "hon", and shy. Whaddaya know?

Chris said...

OH! I thought you were doing all of these by hand on paper or something! Still, pretty amazing.