". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Friday, March 14, 2008

Poetry in Motion

I am not a "horse person." But I have family members and friends (and at least a few readers) who are. The video below was sent by one of them. Believe me, you don't have to know horses to appreciate it, because what it conveys goes far beyond what you see on the screen. It is truly a work of art, and well worth the six minutes it will take you to watch it. If you don't have time now, come back when you do. Treat yourself to a little beauty today. (Please note: the ride that you will see--which in my opinion is more like a dance than a horseback ride--is a miracle of training, accomplished without saddle, bridle, or anything except the bodies of the horse and rider. Click on the arrow at left bottom to start playback.)



No comments: