". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Not Going Away

In an effort to keep track of the continuing discussion on the Issues, Etc. cancellation as well as some of the wider-ranging synodical questions that it seems to be crystallizing, I have created a new link list in my sidebar. Although there are countless blogs (including this one) currently posting on this topic, those at right appear (for now, at least) to be devoted entirely to it. Of particular interest is the recently published Wall Street Journal article, which places the Issues, Etc. controversy within the context of a much broader and long-standing struggle within the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. What happened last week in my church body was about a lot more than the cancellation of a radio program, and it's going to take a lot more than one belated and incomplete statement from the powers that be to satisfactorily respond to the questions, confusion, and anger that continue to fester.

No comments: