". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, March 29, 2008

An Introduction

In the last few weeks the confessional Lutheran blogosphere has been truly "ablaze" with activity as laity and clergy alike have been passionately studying, discussing and trying to understand the peremptory cancellation of the wildly popular theological talk radio program Issues, Etc. Not only have existing sites experienced a heightened level of traffic, but several new sites have cropped up, each earnestly attempting to fill what it sees as an urgent need. They are all doing excellent work, and I encourage you to check my sidebar for a sampling. But one in particular is especially near and dear to my heart, so I hope you'll drop by and take a look at Laymen, Etc., maybe post a comment, and consider linking or subscribing to their feed. New material is being added regularly, and while the catalyst for those launching this effort was the Issues, Etc. cancellation, their long-term vision is one that predates the events of the last two weeks and that hopes to be around long after Issues, Etc. is back on the air, supporting not only that program but other worthwhile and Biblically-based efforts to have a positive impact on our post-modern and anti-Biblical world.

Go ahead. Pay them a visit. And don't be a stranger.

No comments: