". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sickening, Just Sickening

So here I am, having not watched television all day, masochistically (and inscrutably) subjecting myself to news coverage of the Inaugural balls.

And what do I stumble on but actress Dana Delaney being interviewed outside one of those galas. After expressing her joy at the swearing in of the new President, she is asked by the interviewer what she hopes Mr. Obama will make his first priority in office.

So what do you think she said? Fix the struggling economy? Or perhaps, more likely for a Hollywood liberal, bring the troops home?

No. For Ms. Delaney, the first item on the agenda should be to "rescind the gag order" forbidding federal dollars from supporting international organizations that provide abortion services, funding or counseling overseas. Because, of course, nothing is more important than making sure there are more abortions in the world.

I think I was better off not watching.

No comments: