". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Beethoven, Piano Concerto in C, Op. 15, First Movement

Recorded at the Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra Young Artists Competition, Buik Recital Hall, Elmhurst College, January 24, 2009

The video runs for 12-1/2 minutes. If you would like to listen but don't have time for all of it, fast forward to 8:55 for the cadenza.



(For those who might be wondering, we don't have a result yet. But if I were one of those judges, this thing would have been a wrap at about 11:30 a.m. Of course, I'm rather fond of the performer--and his accompanist.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was very awesome. I'm a proud cousin!

Love you all, Jess

Bill Brock said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Taimanov