". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Friday, January 30, 2009

A Round Unvarnish'd Wordle

Some of my friends have been playing with Wordles lately. A Wordle, also known as a "word cloud," is a graphic representation of a text that reflects the frequency of words used in that text. It's an interesting visual means of identifying what subjects are most important to the writer of the text.

For fun, I created a Wordle for my blog. I first tried entering my blog's URL, but the result was generated from only the most recent post. So then I manually copied and pasted all of the posts from the month of January as well as the labels in my sidebar (it didn't take as long as it sounds). Here is the Wordle that was created. You can increase the size by clicking on it.

Wordle: Untitled

I'd have to say this is a pretty accurate reflection of the things that I tend to focus on both in real life and on my blog. I just wish "Jesus" were bigger than "Obama"--and here I thought I was focusing less on politics these days.

1 comment:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I'm going to steal this idea. I hope that's ok. I'm quite certain that my blog will produce a much more stupid result.