". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Prayer Request

My father-in-law will be having spine decompression surgery today. I would appreciate your prayers for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery and rehabiliation.

Please also pray for my sister-in-law and mother-in-law. My mil is virtually bedridden with multiple health problems. Last night she had her own visit to the emergency room due to her feeding tube not functioning properly. My sister-in-law is currently staying with and caring for her.

We are not sure what the next few weeks and months have in store, but it is clear that my in-laws will not be able to continue as they have. My father-in-law will need time to recover, and once he does I am not sure he will be up to the demands of caring for his wife as he has been doing for a number of years now. We know they are going to need to make changes to their lifestyle, but right now we aren't sure exactly what those changes will be. Please pray not only for healing but for wisdom for both them and their children as they make some decisions about the future.

Thank you for your prayers!

No comments: