". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Test for Wives

I scored 75%. Darn! Just one point short of "very superior"! Must have been my lack of sewing skills. Or maybe the fact that I cook breakfast in my pajamas or walk around in stocking feet. Ah, well, a perfect wife I'm not. No news flash there.

(I know, I know, the whole idea of boiling marriage down to a 100-point scale is silly, and some of the items are just plain ridiculous. This is only shared in fun. On the other hand, there is wisdom here, such as the granting of bonus points for never going to bed angry and sharing your husband's religion. By the way, in the interest of fairness I will post the husband's test next. And I know these are small and hard to see. You should be able to click on the individual pages to enlarge.)





HT: The Anchoress/Tiabla

4 comments:

RPW said...

LOL...I am barely average. Oh well. My husband would weigh some of those categories very differently, thank Heavens!!

Not that there aren't some things to improve on!

Cheryl said...

I took the test a second time and scored about 10 points less. I don't know if I lost count the first time or scored myself harder (or more honestly!) the second time. Oh well--at least I'm still (barely) in the superior range! (Of course, maybe I'm totally fooling myself. It would be interesting to see what score my husband would give me!)

You know, we really should get a 10point bonus for being able to carry on an interesting conversation, don't you think? All that domestic stuff is overrated! ;-)

Wendi said...

I wanna know why one question says that the wife and kids go to church, and the next one says she lets her hubby sleep in ion Sunday mornings! What's with that?

I scored very superior, but I'd probably flunk an honesty quiz! LOL!!

Cheryl said...

I hear you, Wendi! I also wondered why the wife gets bonus points for taking the children to Sunday School but the husband gets points for merely encouraging them to go!

I do have to say--I like number one on the husband's merit list!