". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Portent

For the third time this week my 15-year-old will not be home for supper. Seems he had the nerve to go out and get himself a summer JOB! (Really cool one, too--he's the gopher/building monitor for several college courses that are being taught on our church & school campus, so he gets paid to open and close a few classrooms and then sit and study and even enjoy computer access while being on call in air-conditioned comfort!)

I'm proud of him and know he will do a great job. But a little voice inside of me keeps whispering that this is only the beginning of a trend which is destined to increase in coming years . . . one in which my suppertime head count keeps coming up short.

1 comment:

AmusedMomma said...

Yes, this is the beginning of them growing up. But it is as God designed...

We mommas and pappas don't have to like it, but it is natural and furnishes us another layer of parenting skills to master.