". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Happy blogging birthday, that is! It was one year ago today that I first began to tell this "round, unvarnish'd tale"; in that time, I have logged 328 posts (including the 10 or so that are currently languishing in my draft file). If you weren't around on day one and want to see how it all began, click here. If you have been here since the beginning, thanks for sticking around! And if you are someone who often reads but rarely comments, I invite you to do so today just to let me know you're out there. (For anyone who is not experienced in commenting on blogs, here are a few helpful hints: this blog accepts anonymous comments, so you don't have to have an account. Just type in your comment, signing your name at the end to let me know who you are, and select "Anonymous" for your identity. You will then be asked to type in a group of letters that you see on the screen--this is to prevent spam comments. Once you have typed in those letters you can click either "preview" or "post comment.")

By the way, if you've ever wondered about the name of this blog, it was chosen because of my fondness for both Shakespeare and literature as well as because of what the phrase communicates, namely the intention to give a full, unadorned and honest recounting of a narrative. In this case the narrative is purely personal as I write about family or self or practical matters or my own forays into the world of ideas, so I guess this blog is most interesting (if it is at all) to those who know me. But I hope that along the way there have been a few posts that have had value for a broader audience and that I have managed to write them in a way that invites attention and maintains interest. I dearly hope that you never stop by to discover, in the words of another Shakespearean character, "a tale / Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, / Signifying nothing" (Macbeth V.vi.26-28).

Thanks for reading! May the peace of the Lord be with you today and always.

Cheryl

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Darling, from your #1 fan!

DH

;)

Marie N. said...

Happy blog birthday!

While out of town the church we attended uses the new hymnal. I looked for your husband's name, but we did not sing any of his compositions on Trinity Sunday.

It will be fun to look again next time I get the opportunity!

Hannah said...

Five more months till mine...

"DH"...those happen to be the initials of one of my current nicknames. Won't ask what it stands for. :D

Karen said...

Congratulations! I've really enjoyed reading your blog. It's well written and often thought-provoking.

Michelle said...

Happy Blogging Birthday!

I've just started mine, so I have a long way to go! So, now I lurk on your blog and the blogs of many other loopers (the ones I could find anyway). By the way - I borrowed your vent mode phrase for my blog last night!

Elephantschild said...

I really love your blog, and I'm so glad we've gotten to be friends through the miracle of technology. Can't wait until we can get together again. Did Melody tell you we're going to be able to come for the 4th of July? YAY!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I read your blog often but haven't commented before. It is one of my favorites. You have many interesting things to say and give me much to think about.
Cindy, a fellow looper