". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Monday, December 17, 2007

Church Decorating

Whereas decorating one's home can sometimes become a task or a chore (it shouldn't, but it does, at least for me), there is something downright relaxing about decorating the church. Add some hot soup and bread and suddenly there's a small army to help. At our recent church decorating party, homeschoolers were particularly well-represented (100% of our church's homeschooling families--that would be three--were in attendance).

A few of my Lutheran homeschooling friends ("Martin Loopers") may recognize Michael T. from the Looper gathering at my church back in August. Here he is spearheading the hanging of the swag on the organ balcony . . . always a formidable task.


Hang on, Michael!

Chris (another homeschooler) gives the thumbs up. Success!

Trevor had bow duty. Looks good, honey!

Almost done!

Those artificial branches have to be spread and shaped after being in boxes all year long. (What lovely girls, no? The one on the right is mine.)

Another homeschool mom, Suzanne T. (married to the crazy guy who was hanging from the organ balcony) is on the right.

Michael and Suzanne's youngest daughter Sophie.



One of the rewards of helping out with church decorating is getting a rare glimpse of the organ balcony!

That lunch that lured everyone in was prepared and served by our dear pastor's wife (and my youngest's godmother).
We're ready for Christmas! The lights on the trees and swags will not be lit until Christmas Eve. At that time the altar will also be adorned with poinsettias. Next week I will try to post a few photos of our sanctuary in its full Christmas glory.

No comments: