". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Gas Update

I filled up with gas again a few days ago--only $64.50 this time! Previous fill-ups were $70 and $66, so I think I'm beginning to see a trend! (My signal to get gas is when the low fuel warning light comes on, so I think I can trust that these numbers reflect comparable levels of emptiness.)

Chess camp is over and all the choirs are winding down for the summer, so I'm expecting this most recent tank of gas to last a while. Fill-up was four days ago and I still have over three-fourths of a tank remaining, so maybe this time I will actually make it two weeks on one tank.

Hope springs eternal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,
My DH found a Speedway station in N. Aurora that consistently (so far) sells gas around 9cents/gallon cheaper than other stations. Then he signed up for a rewards card (no fee), which gets us another 5 cents off! I was thrilled when I went there to fill up and it only cost about $44. Then I remembered when it used to only cost us 30-something to fill up..(sigh)

Jane said...

sticker shocked today filling up in the NW 'burbs. Gas was a full .40 higher than it is in Fort Wayne!