". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Friday, July 31, 2009

Two For the Price of One

Today my son and husband leave for Indianapolis and the Denker Tournament of High School Champions, in which my son is representing the state of Illinois. The Denker tournament is always held in conjunction with the U.S. Open, and Trevor is also entered in that event. So over the next nine days he will be playing something in the neighborhood of fifteen rounds of chess. All I can say is, better him than me!

Once the Denker portion of the tournament is completed, the other children and I will take over cheerleading duty so that my husband can return to paid employment--he takes that role rather seriously, you know? So since I'll be in the neighborhood, I'm planning a side trip to Fort Wayne next Tuesday/Wednesday for the Wisdom and Eloquence Homeschool Conference. Will I see a few of you there?

In addition to all the traveling for chess, my husband will be heading out to Nebraska next week to serve as the chief musician for a Doxology pastors' retreat. If you think of it, our family would definitely appreciate your prayers for safe travel!

1 comment:

Erin said...

My family and Jeannette's family are planning to attend.

Very much looking forward to being with everyone!