". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Friday, July 10, 2009

Milwaukee-Bound

I'll be hitting the road later this morning, driving my oldest son to Milwaukee for the U. S. Junior Open Chess Tournament, hosted this year by the Wisconsin Scholastic Chess Assocation. It's going to be a busy chess month. Next week is the Chicago Class Championship Tournament. We can stay home for that one! But in early August we're off to Indianapolis for the U. S. Open (which includes the Denker High School Tournament of Champions).

I'm hoping to catch up on some reading and email and blogging while Trevor plays. Sometimes I think I enjoy these chess tournaments (at least the out-of-town ones) more than he does!

No comments: