". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Worthy Cause

My son is a member of the Illinois Chess Association's Junior Scholar Program, known as the Warren Program. The program recognizes Illinois youth who are highly rated in chess and provides opportunities for them to learn and play as well as to promote the game of chess in their communities. In addition, Warren Scholars receive financial assistance for chess lessons. That assistance is something we have deeply appreciated for a number of years now. Chess lessons are not cheap!

If you have an interest/passion for chess and would like to donate to a program that is doing much to encourage its continued popularity among young people in Illinois, please consider including the Warren Program on your Christmas list this year. Click here for more information.

No comments: