". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Evan Essence

Just a little commercial for the mini-blog in my sidebar. It's called "Evan Essence" (a play on the word evanescence and referring to fleeting childhood) because I use it to record memorable things that come out of my 5-year-old's mouth. Just wanted to point it out in case you never noticed. I added three priceless quotes today--you can see them all by scrolling down or you can click on the widget to go to the site and be able to read through the archives.

I had kind of a hard day yesterday and even though I try not to let my own emotions affect my "mommy-ing" I don't always succeed, especially with the older children. But it amazed me how my youngest seemed to know and want to help, repeatedly coming to me yesterday, giving hugs and kisses, and generally being a sweetheart.

Does anyone have a magic potion for keeping your kids from growing up? If so, I'm ready to place my order!

No comments: