". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Friday, January 8, 2010

More Commandments

Speaking of Evan and his commandments, here are the latest entries:

You should not eat anything sweet before lunch or dinner.

Little kids should not drink wine.

You should not feed popcorn to your dog.

You shall not make a bad mess in your room or tip over all your toys or throw all your books on the floor or not sleep or break a shield or throw a sword or punch the TV or computer or kick your brother or sister or mother or father. What does this mean? We should fear and love God so that we do not be bad.

(He was pleased that this one was longer than the Tenth Commandment. I think that was the whole point.)

And last but not least, . . .

You should not break any of the commandments.

I love that he is embracing the Ten Commandments to the point that he wants to make up more. (We have, of course, talked about the difference between God's commandments and his.) But I'm starting to hope we are almost through this commandment-writing phase. I'm drowning in the Law over here. And my hand is getting tired of all the writing.



No comments: