". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Give This Man a Bonus

I saw this Studio B segment live on Fox News this afternoon, and it had me standing up, clapping and cheering out loud in my empty bedroom. Mississippi boy Shephard Smith, one of my favorite Fox anchors, lays out the facts of the mortgage scandal, the bailouts, and the current "financial crisis" in one of the most succinct summaries I have ever seen, nailing Democrats like Barney Frank and Chris Dodd for their complicity as well as their current hypocrisy in daring to feign outrage at a situation they created.




I wish everyone in America could see this. Shep's comments begin just as today's congressional hearing on the AIG bailout was ending. The video is about seven minutes long, but the part you mustn't miss is the three-minute rant that kicks it off. If you're not already hopping mad about what's going on in Washington these days, you will be after watching this.

Hope? I beg your pardon. We haven't seen any such thing from this crew. And the change, in my opinion, has all been for the worse. But if we had a national press that was actually interested in reporting the facts, and if more Americans took the time to understand and learn such facts as are presented here, maybe we would finally start to see some positive change and a genuine basis for feeling hopeful about the future of this country.

But I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: