". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Back in Business!

Our home computer crashed several weeks ago (before my father-in-law's death). We're not sure what led to its demise. For months it had been getting slower and increasingly temperamental. Finally the day came that it just wouldn't boot up anymore. A computer savvy friend took a stab at repairing it and found it to be a lost cause. Luckily in the waning days of our old friend's life we were able to back up the most important data. Our computer has now been reincarnated, scrubbed clean and returned to our possession. All that remains is for us to mess, uh, load it up with programs and data again.

It has been a character-building couple of weeks. With only one computer (my husband's laptop) with internet access, we have all had to go on something of a computer diet. I have had limited opportunties for email, blogging, and surfing the net. It's actually been a good thing, as there were plenty of other things demanding my attention. But I think we will all be glad to return to the status quo!

No comments: