". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

No Time to Post

The fingers are itching and the brain cells firing, but the schedule is not cooperating with my desire to blog, so here's quick update to tide me over until I have a bit more time (ROFLOL) . . .

Vacation Bible School is in full swing and going better than I could have imagined (if you discount yesterday's hysterical display from a certain Cantor's child). Unter Cantor and I are leading the preschool music, and we make a great team, if I do say so myself. The Cantor's older two children are cheerfully helping out, too, which is good, because we have about 75 preschoolers in four rotating groups coming to see us for 20 minutes each morning. We are learning some liturgy and singing some classic preschool favorites as well. And I dare say we have the easiest and most fun job at VBS, sailing in and out as the cool "music people" each day while the teachers do the real work of preparing lessons and managing their young charges.

Along with VBS, we are working hard on the soon-to-be-revealed new and improved Liturgy Solutions website (complete with blogging cantors--yay!). Actually, I have not contributed nearly as much to this project as Phil, Trevor and Caitlin (Trevor especially has taken the task to heart and has spent hours and hours loading up new product for the site). But I think they are giving me a pass since while they work on the site I am taking care of the decidedly unglamorous yet important tasks of keeping people fed and clothed.

Finally, we are busily preparing to depart in a few days for our denomination's national worship conference to be held in Seward, Nebraska. The whole family will be involved in some way--myself as an accompanist, Trevor and Caitlin as choristers, and Evan as one of the young models in a workshop on singing with children. And of course our main reason for attending is that ny husband is a keynote speaker and presenter, so he has been working hard on his speech (which is awesome, by the way--I hope if you will not be in attendance that you will eventually be able to read it here or elsewhere) while the rest of us are trying to get the house cleaned up for our housesitters (the aforementioned Unter Cantor and her husband). Don't want them thinking we live like this (even though we do)!

More later (I hope)!

1 comment:

Marie N. said...

This is the busiest summer I can recall for our family too. I hope your Seward trip is enjoyable and productive.