". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Evanescence

In case you didn't notice, there's a new feature in my sidebar. It's a widget linking to "Evan Essence"--a vehicle for sharing the words and actions of my youngest (age 4). The title is a play on the word "evanescence," which refers to the act of "disappearing gradually," "vanishing," or "fading away," as in the evanescence of "vapor, of a dream, or of earthly plans or hopes" (Source: Dictionary.com). And while Evan is not evanescing (far from it--he makes sure that he is daily front and center in my world!), his childhood most certainly is, too quickly for my liking. So I'm hoping that this little journal will better enable me to hold on to the only part of his childhood I can: my memories.

I also hope Evan Essence brings the occasional smile or chuckle to your day. And thanks to Elephant's Child, from whom I stole this idea.

1 comment:

Elephantschild said...

YAY! I think it's hilarious that both our kids are prone to these amusing soundbites. :)