". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Another Thinking Blogger

Not long ago I ran across a blog that I found sufficiently intriguing to inspire repeated visits (and a spot on my list of links). Like me, the author is a wife, mother, conservative, and Christian, and those vocations are reflected in her posts, which cover a broad range of topics with particular emphasis on the political. She is also a fine writer whose viewpoints are not always strictly in line with typical conservative Christian opinion (if there is such a thing).

Here are links to two recent posts reflecting a level of reflection and independence of thought that I find worthy of consideration:

The Anchoress on Ann Coulter
The Anchoress on Christians and the Third Party Gambit

For a rollicking good laugh, you might also want to follow the links in her October 16th post to some real-life college essays as well as a mother's firsthand account of explaining the facts of life to her son (spew alert!).

4 comments:

Glenda said...

Tag, you're it. :-)

AmusedMomma said...

What hilarity! Spew alert is right... how'd you happen upon these blogs? They are a riot!

Cheryl said...

I did not happen on them on my own. They were linked by the Anchoress. But I agree, they are hysterical!

Hannah said...

That's the weirdest version of the birds and bees I've ever seen...so are you taking any inspiration from it for when Evan has to learn these things? Or will Phil talk to him :D?