". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Friday, August 3, 2007

Time To Read Some Austen

I am not a huge fan of Jane Austen so have not read many of her books (and the ones that I have read are a distant memory), but I am a sucker for a personality quiz. This one has appeared on the blogs of a few friends, so I couldn't resist taking my turn. Based on my result, I think this may be a fairly accurate personality test. Then again, I wonder if anyone ever scores as one of the really unlikeable characters!

You scored as Elinor Dashwood. As Marianne's older sister, Elinor lives at the other end of the emotional spectrum. She rarely reveals her intense feelings and is more concerned with being honest and loyal than having what she deserves. Even though her intentions are pure, she sets herself up for loss by constantly placing other people before her own needs. Overall, Elinor is gentle and rational but is just as capable of radical emotions (despite her withholding them) as her sister.

Elinor Dashwood

81%

Elizabeth Bennet

72%

Jane Bennet

59%

Marianne Dashwood

53%

Charlotte Lucas

38%

Emma Woodhouse

28%

Lady Catherine

9%

Which Jane Austen Character are You? (For Females) Long Quiz!!!
created with QuizFarm.com

No comments: