". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Campaign Season

I happened to be watching Greta Van Susteren's show on Fox News Channel last night and caught her interview with Cindy McCain, wife of Republican presidential candidate Senator John McCain. Several observations: she is gorgeous--trim, youthful, stylish and impeccably groomed. And my initial impression of her is that she came across as a little more "real" and down to earth than what I've seen in interviews with Mrs. Romney. But I also couldn't help wondering: where in the world were McCain's handlers? Mrs. McCain indeed looked lovely, but I don't think her outfit for the interview was screened by McCain's image department. She wore snug white capri pants with a tight pink knit shirt with an extremely plunging neckline revealing lots of cleavage. Not exactly typical First Lady stuff.

No comments: