". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Visit to Shedd Aquarium

We have been trying to fill our remaining time in Chicagoland with some important "lasts": last trips to favorite places, last times to eat at restaurants that we won't be able to find in Oklahoma, last visits with friends, etc. Yesterday we went to Shedd Aquarium with one of Evan's best friends in the area and his mom. Circumstances have prevented Evan and his friend Evan (yes, they have the same name!) from seeing each other this past year, so this was an important get-together, not only for the sake of fun but for the sake of closure. It was a very good day and I did take a few pictures.


Waiting for the dolphin show.



Petting the sting rays.




Friends




I am hoping that these two will be able to maintain their friendship across the miles. It is easier to do that these days--some of my dearest friends are long distance ones. And they are old enough to do so now and to not forget each other. There is just something special about their relationship. They have always seemed to "click." My Evan sometimes has trouble interacting with children his own age. He takes things so much to heart, and he sometimes misinterprets the playful words and actions of others. But he and his friend Evan seem to understand each other. I am sad they haven't been able to spend as much time together as they once did, and I am sad that my little boy has to leave this friend behind. Thank you to The Other Evan and his mom for being such good friends. We will miss you.

No comments: