". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Like Father, Like Son

Trevor served as substitute organist at our neighborhood Lutheran church for six weeks this summer. It has been a great learning experience for him. I don't know if he will be a Lutheran cantor like his father, but I know that like his father he is a fine singer and organist and that he will use his talents to serve the church when and where he is able. Here are a few videos I recorded today, his last day to play at Divine Shepherd.

This piece was played as the Prelude, but my recording of it failed so I asked Trevor to play it again after church (thus the background noise).


"Jesu, Meine Freude," BWV 610, from Das Orgel-Büchlein - J. S. Bach from Cheryl on Vimeo.


Voluntary

"Jesus, My Joy" from Seventy-Nine Chorales for the Organ, Op. 28, No. 42 - Marcel Dupré from Cheryl on Vimeo.


Post-communion meditation, also recreated after the service. It is a very soft piece so is a little hard to hear with the other noise going on, but I think it is SO pretty.
Intonation on ROCKINGHAM OLD from Sonus Novus, Vol. 1 - Kenneth Kosche from Cheryl on Vimeo.


Postlude

"God of Grace" from Ten Chorale Improvisations, Set 5 - Paul Manz from Cheryl on Vimeo.

No comments: