". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Today . . .

. . . I dropped my son off for his junior year of college. Two years ago on this day my husband took this picture of him walking into his dorm. After he disappeared from our sight I had a long, loud cry in the front seat of the car, my dear husband doing his best to comfort me before we drove away.


Today I didn't take a picture. I didn't cry. Today as he moved in to his room, I just felt happy and proud and excited beyond words to see my son returning to the thing he has chosen for himself at this time in his life, the thing that God has prepared for him and that gives him purpose and drives his days. What better place could there be for him than this?

I don't know whether this means he is growing up or I am.

2 comments:

Anna Mussmann said...

Hi! I've been looking for blogs by Lutheran moms, and am pleased to have found yours. :-)

Cheryl said...

I'm pleased, too! Nice to meet you, Anna!