". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Memory Lane, Part 2

Speaking of memorabilia, the most unexpected thing I came across in my sorting today was a piece of mail addressed not to us but to someone in Prescott, Arizona. The return address is that of our former next door neighbors in Peoria. The letter was returned to them with an "address unknown" stamp. I can only assume that the mailman accidentally put it in our mailbox. The postmark is January 3, 2000, which would have been within a few days of our move from Peoria to Chicago. I found the letter in a group of farewell notes written to us by our church family in Peoria. Probably I meant to take it to our neighbor but failed to do so, and it has been sitting in a box in our closet ever since. Oops!

No comments: