". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Monday, December 14, 2009

"E'en So, Lord Jesus, Quickly Come"

As many of my readers know, organist and composer Paul Manz died earlier this year. Here's our adult church choir this weekend singing his best known work.



Peace be to you and grace from Him
Who freed us from our sin
Who loved us all, and shed His blood
That we might saved be.

Sing holy, holy to our Lord
The Lord almighty God
Who was and is, and is to come
Sing holy, holy Lord.

Rejoice in heaven, all ye that dwell therein
Rejoice on earth, ye saints below
For Christ is coming, Is coming soon
For Christ is coming soon.

E'en so Lord Jesus quickly come
And night shall be no more
They need no light, no lamp, nor sun
For Christ will be their All!

1 comment:

Phillip said...

A very good performance. Too bad we didn't have better equipment. We need to snag this one of the podcast site before Bethany takes it down. Hope this service was podcasted!

On a personal note, I think my conducting and preparation of the choir for this was extra sensitive, as this was the year both my parents died.