". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Republican Big Spenders

So far this year the U.S. Senate has voted on five of President Obama's appropriations bills. You might be surprised to find out the names of the lonely four Republicans who have voted against each and every one of them (thirteen Republican senators have voted for all five). One of those senators, often chided by conservatives as a RINO (Republican In Name Only) who would have been as bad or worse for the country than President Obama, was the GOP nominee for president last year. He wasn't my first pick, but I think he often gets a bum rap and I still don't understand those who stayed home rather than vote for him over the current occupant. Had John McCain won the election, I would not be nearly as worried about this country's future as I am right now.

To see whether or not your senator is functioning as a rubber stamp on the Obama spending spree, click here.

2 comments:

Elephantschild said...

I wish there was a way we could kick them out of the party.

The next time a Republican fundraiser calls, I'm going to tell them that when the party has publicly denounced the 13 who voted for all 5 bills, I'll talk to them. Until then, NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Not surprised to see Cryin' George's name on there. The good news is, he's not running for office again, so he'll be out of there soon. The bad news is, he's not running for office again, so what kind of leverage can one use against him as one of his employers who is *not* pleased with his work?